In an article for Tractorforum.com, Smriti Swaroop offers some helpful tips for lengthening the life of your tractor. By following these suggestions, you can help ensure the longevity of your equipment.
- Don't fully load the tractor. Swaroop says "Never make the mistake of putting the tractor on full load; until and unless you are sure that the engine has thoroughly broken in. This is an important point which you need to be mindful of."
- Clean the air cleaner on your tractor daily. By cleaning this part every day, you help guard against dust and dirt accumulation.
- Follow the specific guidelines for changing engine oil and transmission oil.Swaroop affirms that it's important to use the lubricant recommended on the instructions.
- Dirty oil and grease marks are responsible for a large portion of the wear and tear on tractors. "If you want to improve the life of your tractor, you will have to take care of the oil and make sure not to have greases all over," Swaroop says.
- When the temperature becomes too high, be sure to clean the air passages. In general, it is important to closely monitor the whole cooling system and the fan belt tension.
- Check the storage battery weekly and add distilled water when needed.
- Monitor the air pressure in the tires and make sure that the valve stems have caps keeping them covered.
- Replace the fuel sediment bowl regularly.
- Always wait before turning off the engine. "When you have been running the engine on full load and then you want to bring it to stop, let the engine idle for a few minutes and then you should slowly turn it off," Swaroop instructs.
By following these basic maintenance tips, you can improve the performance of your tractor and ensure it lasts longer. Also, be sure to check out our easy-to-use online database to find the exact tractor part you need.
Follow these tips to keep your tractor in excellent shape.