If you're looking to be fuel efficient as well as save time and effort, check out the Massey Ferguson® 4610. It's the perfect choice for any farm focused on livestock, hay, dairy or just about anything. This utility tractor is not only great for handling various jobs, but is also very easy to run and doesn't cost an arm and a leg to maintain.
Although it's only a 3-cylinder, its turbo-charged 100HP engine pac
The 12-by-12 power shuttle transmission and high-capacity hydraulics allow for increased mobility and response. You can also switch between 2- and 4-wheel drive for the power that's right for your job. If you put your heart and soul into your work and are looking for some more downtime, you'll be pleased to know that the MF 4610 is one of the most reliable tractors out there. Besides the standard fluid changing and air filter cleaning, they are rather low-maintenance.
As great as it seems at first glance, some owners have suggested a few improvements they've figured out from their real-world experience:
- Needs a larger fuel tank (it's currently around 27gal).
- It doesn't agree with being under 1500 rpms, so keep an eye on that.
- It's oil and hydraulic filters are a bit pricey (check out Tractor-Parts.com to scope out the best prices).
- Tint the cab glass to save yourself some humidity and air conditioning issues.
- Nowhere to mount a baler monitor, so you should get a ram mount to attach to the door rod.