John Deere recently launched its new L-series backhoes, which are sure to increase your productivity. Strong and easy to maneuver, these machines can tackle a vast array of jobs, from trench-digging to material transportation.
The series is comprised of six new models: the 310L EP, 310L, 310SL,
As a bonus, the 310SL HL and 410SL models are the only ones to offer John Deere's new Heavy Lift component that boosts lift by approximately 40 percent – 25 percent more than the K-series. They accomplish this by utilizing their PCLS hydraulics, updated rear valve, adjusted rear structures and larger boom cylinders. The Lift Mode automatically adjusts the engine to 1,400 rpms, which allows for a maximization of hydraulic pressure.
Other key features include:
- Enhanced comfort of the cab, with extra leg room and a cozier seat.
- Simplified operation – fingertip electrohydraulic controls and a multifunction lever on the steering column make lights, turn signals and wipers more accessible.
- A monitor to display machine diagnostics and controls. It also allows users to adjust functions such as auto-shutdown and idle.
- Lower and larger steps to make climbing in and out of the machine easier and safer.
- A dynamic HVAC system and a raised canopy for improved visibility around the cab.
Under the hood
- Regulation-compliant engines: All over 90 HP, extremely efficient and designed to meet emissions regulations.
Additionally, John Deere urges contractors to consider the 315L side-shift model because it provides access to tight areas the traditional center mounts cannot enter. To use this feature, you only have to position the backhoe at a 90-degree angle on either side of the machine, dig the teeth into the ground and curl the bucket. This allows the backhoe to horizontally reposition to let operators dig against any obstacle with little access space.